Kantar Media / SRDS
Allows you to search for Digital Media, Consumer Magazine Media, Business Publication Media, Direct Marketing, Newspaper Media, TV and Cable Media, and Out of Home Media cost data. Also provides access to the Local Market Audience Analyst.
You will need your WSU Network ID and password to access this database from outside the Libraries.
The Local Market Audience Analyst in SRDS works best in Internet Explorer 8 or 9. If you are working in a different version of IE and encounter an endlessly spinning wheel, here are some steps to try to get the Local Market Audience Analyst reports to work.:
- Go to the settings icon (the small gear) at the top right corner of the Internet Explorer screen. This should open a drop-down menu of options.
- Select "Compatibility View settings" from that drop-down menu. This will pull up a window where you can add a website.
- Type claritas.com and click on the Add button.
- Close and open Internet Explorer.
- If you check the compatability view settings again, you should see that claritas.com is in the box labeled "Websites you've added to Compatability View"
- Now, you should be able to actually run and look at LMAA reports in Internet Explorer.
There is a write-up of all of this with images here: http://uark.libanswers.com/a.php?qid=1083611
For some extensions you can try to get the Local Market Audience Analyst working with Firefox and Chrome, this blog post from Kantar Media/SRDS is helpful: http://blog.srds.com/blog/jonah-rees/lmaa-browser-extensions-add-ons
SRDS has a series of video tutorials that you might find useful. Here are links to some of them: