1. Single-author entries precede multiple-author entries beginning with the same surname, earliest first.
2. References with the same first author and different second or third authors are arranged alphabetically by the surname of the second author, etc.
3. References with the same authors in the same order are arranged by year of pub., the earliest first.
4. Works by different authors with the same surname are arranged alphabetically by the first initial.
5. Works with no authors are arranged by the first word in the title (not including A, The, etc.) .
6. Works specifically listing the author as Anonymous list entry alphabetically as if a name were listed.
7. Works with corporate authors are listed alphabetically by the first significant word of the name. Use complete names of institutions, do not abbreviate.