The reference section of your paper contains a list of all of the resources that you cited. Here's some things to keep in mind when creating an IEEE reference list:
- Arrange the list numerically based on the order the citations appeared in your paper.
- Two or more articles by the same author (or authors) are listed chronologically.
- The citation number (in brackets) is aligned along the left margin. The text is typically intended 3 spaces.
- The author(s) name(s) are formatted so the first names’ initials are placed first followed by last names.
- The resource title is typed in italics. The first letter of each word in the title is capitalized.
Example of a reference list utilizing various types of resources:
Citations for Journal Articles
Citations for Print Books
Citations for Websites, Email, etc.
Example is provided by the IEEE Reference Guide