I'm David Luftig and I'm the agricultural science librarian at WSU.
This guide is intended to assist REC researchers get connected and find the resources that they need to complete their projects.
Although you may feel a bit removed from campus (both physically and mentally), you have a librarian who is eager to assist you (and thinks that you all are doing fantastic work!).
There's many ways that I can assist you (see the list below). You can email me or schedule a time to meet.
Please don't hesitate to ask me questions if you have them!
Below are some (but not all) of the ways that I may be able to assist you:
- Assist with connectivity or access problems.
- Assist with finding research resources at any stage of the research process. For example, I frequently consult with researchers over Zoom and have them share their screens while we navigate scholarly databases. I can do this one-on-one or with groups.
- I can be your Libraries contact. I can locate materials on campus if you're in a pinch, scan resources, etc. I can also assist if you need something random on the Pullman campus.
- Help locate resources (like articles, data, software, etc.). I can also assist with ordering resources them from other libraries, or even purchasing some resources if needed.
- Help boost your research profile by assisting with ORCIDS, consolidating your research, and other research metric strategies.
- I can periodically visit the RECs if needed. I can provide workshops and assist with research on-site.
- I can arrange emergency Ferdinand's cheese deliveries.
- Much more (let me know!).