1) Toggle the microform reader to the page or article you would like to scan or print. You may rotate, zoom, or focus using the knobs located above the lens. You will also be able to crop, zoom, rotate, and adjust color settings after scanning the document.
2) Open IrfanView from the Desktop.
3) From the File menu, select Acquire/Batch scanning.
4) The Acquire/Batch Scan Set-up window will appear. KEEP THE DEFAULTS and press OK.
5) The scanner set-up window will appear. You may adjust the mode, page size, resolution, and other elements, or just leave it as is. When you are finished, press Scan.
6) Your microform reader screen will be scanned and should appear in the IrfanView window. NOTE: If your scan does not appear on the screen, keep the microform reader on but RESTART THE COMPUTER. This will assure connectivity between the devices.
7) From here, you may adjust the look of the document (see box to the right: Change Document Settings).
8) To save the document, make sure that your USB Flash Drive is inserted into the computer.
9) Open the File menu and select Save As.
10) In the window that appears, use the top drop-down menu to find and select Removable Disk (E:).
11) Rename your file and press Save.
12) Remember to take your device with you!
To print your document, follow steps 1-7 for scanning (in the box to the left). You may continue to save your document and then print it, or you may just print.
1) Go to File – Print.
2) Make sure that WSU Pullman CougPrints is the selected printer and click on Print.
3) Enter your WSU ID (firstname.lastname) and DO NOT enter a password.
4) Go to the printers located on the first floor of Terrell near the reference desk to pick up your documents!