- Scifinder Scholar registration:The web version requires individual registration. Until the Spring of 2011 most public computers in the libraries have the legacy client version of Scifinder installed on them. If you have problems with the individual registration, please see the libraries' Scifinder Scholar troubleshooting guide.
- SciFinder Scholar (Web Version) for Registered Users:
Scifinder Scholar is the premier database for journal and patent literature covering chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science and biomedical sciences.
Scfinder Scholar includes the following databases:
- Chemical Abstracts (1907-present): Covers international journals, patents, technical reports, books, conference proceedings, and dissertations from all areas of chemistry and related sciences. This database also allows for citing and cited reference searches.
- Chemical Abstracts Registry Database: A chemical dictionary and structure database that contains unique substance records produced as new substances and are identified by the Chemical Abstracts Service(CAS) Registry System.
- CASREACT: A chemical reaction database with information derived from documents covered in the Organic Sections of Chemical Abstracts journals. The document-based file contains both single-step and multistep reactions, and CA Abstract Number is the Accession Number in the file.
- Chemcats (Chemical Catalogs Online): A catalog file that contains listings of companies that sell chemicals worldwide.
- Chemlist (Regulated Chemicals Listing) (1979-present): Contains chemical substances on national and transnational inventories.